SHINE: Menow Kiss Proof Soft Lipstick Review

Friday, May 27, 2016 Philippines



I have been seeing these lippies in Instagram and Bazaars lately so I decided to try them out. Before buying, of course I've done my research and found out that they cost 1$ (around 45 PHP) each. I was like WHAT?! I mean seriously, that is such a steal. Until I've tried them...











I got my Menow Kiss Proof Soft Lipsticks from @lipkitph in Instagram for PHP 100 each. The colors I've chosen were #5 and #15 - both nudes, they had the best reviews from other blogs I've read. The minute I got them, I tried them without putting on a lip balm or moisturizer because I wanted to know their real effect. In my surprise, they were soft (true in description) and pigmented as crayons but they are NOT liquid lipsticks. The product has more of a chalky texture with a matte finish. The product was easy to apply and does not look tacky whatsoever. I liked the shades because they're true nudes and accentuate my lips. I also bought a sharpener that is slightly bigger than a normal sharpener for PHP 40 from the same store. 


After less than a minute, they have dried out and I decided to test if they're really "kiss proof"-- they were. These lip crayons last a really long time. They lasted 4-6 hours on my lips and 10-12 hours on my wrist (where I've swatched them). You cannot remove them by washing off with water and soap. To know how to properly remove this lipstick, see my tips on How to Remove Liquid Matte Lipsticks


To be totally honest, their smell is not so pleasant (for me, at least). They smell like plastic. Besides that, another con of this kiss-proof lipstick is the health hazard it brings. Of course, because it's cheap, it gives you the doubt that it's not absolutely safe to use especially for a long time. Two days after using this lippies, I noticed a rash on my upper lip. At first, I ignored it and continued to use because of the gorgeous colors. After one week, the smell got worse, I actually thought I got an expired batch or something but the label insisted otherwise. :((((((((( So after that, I decided to not to use them anymore even if I love the shades very much. *sobs* I asked my friends who have used this product if they experienced the same, and they said that this product did not cause them any allergies or rash. So maybe I did got a bad batch? But still, I won't risk it. It's better to be safe than sorry.


SUMMARY:

Pocket-Friendly ♥♥♥♥♥
Color Selection ♥♥♥♥
Long-lasting ♥♥♥♥
Quality & Texture   ♥♥♥
Health & Safety
   
RECOMMENDATION: 

NOT recommended due to health hazards :(



Thank you so much for reading! 
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave a comment below! Did you have rashes too? Or is it just me?



Just keep swimming, 

Melissa

2 comments

  1. Make yourself look alive with these Menow Kissproof lipsticks. There's a lot of shades to choose from, take the best color that suits you best and walk feeling confidently beautiful.


    Visit http://www.thefunstuffshop.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make yourself look alive with these Menow Kissproof lipsticks. There's a lot of shades to choose from, take the best color that suits you best and walk feeling confidently beautiful.

    Visit http://thefunstuffshop.com/

    ReplyDelete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.