SHINE: Colourpop Lippie Stix Review and Swatches

Saturday, July 23, 2016 Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines


My review will cover two matte shades of Lippie Stix, since I wanted to try them out. The shades are Cookie, a light-beige true nude, and RAYEzor, a warm peachy nude by ItsMyRayeRaye. One thing about this formula - it's matte but it has a sheen to it.


Cookie

RAYEzor

What's Hot
  • Highly pigmented. Although compared to Colourpop's liquid lipsticks, this is not as even when applied.
  • Comfortable and lightweight formula.
  • Moisturizing.
  • Affordable. USD 5!
  • Smells like vanilla.
  • Easy to apply. The lipstick is thin and built like a chubby lippie pencil. Perfect to be used for thinner lips.
  • Simple and cute packaging. All white and the shade is indicated at the bottom. 
  • Color selection has everything, from nudes to pinks to oranges to darks and even blacks. It's absolutely amazing.

What's Not
  • Does not stay as long as Ultra Mattes and Satins. This requires you to reapply a couple of times during the day.
  • If you're looking for a true matte lipstick, this is not for you. Lippie Stix still shines and has more of a satin finish. However, Colourpop released Matte X Lippie Stix that are totally matte and even when applied.
  • Not recommended for dry chapped lips (lighter shades). Lighter shades tend to enhance your dry and chapped lips so you should definitely moisturize first.  
Cookie on my lips

RAYEzor on my lips

Cookie looks really light on me compared to RAYEzor. I think Cookie washed me out in this particular picture, but in other lighting, it gives the lightest nude suited for my skin tone. On the other hand, RAYEzor was created by Colourpop in collaboration with ItsMyRayeRaye. Personally, I think this color looks totally gorgeous on a wide range of skin tones. 

Summary

Pocket-Friendly ♥♥♥♥♥
Color Selection ♥♥♥♥♥
Long-lasting ♥♥♥
Quality & Texture   ♥♥♥
Health & Safety ♥♥♥♥

Recommendation

Cookie - for fair skin 
RAYEzor - for light to medium brown skin


Have any suggestions or favorites? 
Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below! 
Stay tuned for my swatches post of Ultra Mattes and Satins soon!


Just keep swimming,
Melissa

PS. Special thanks to my good friend Hayds! ♥

6 comments

  1. Currently obsessing over matte lippies as of the moment! But I'm quite hesitant when buying online, so I usually end up buying lipsticks available only at malls. My favorites would be Nyx soft matte lip cream (particularly the Stockholm shade) and Maybelline's creamy mattes (in Touch of Spice and Daringly Nude). Love how the matte /looks/ matte, but isn't drying at the same time.
    Do Colourpop lippies have physical stores as well?

    Love, The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mattes too, Da! I bet those shades look great on you. :)

      Unfortunately, Colourpop only sells products online. They do not have any physical store yet. However, there are a lot of Instagram shops that resell and they're in bazaars, too!

      Delete
  2. I honestly wish they do colourpop products in the UK to but sadly they don't and they don't ship here :( good review btw xx

    Bollianaxo | Student's Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently, I think they announced that they will start shipping internationally! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been seeing Colourpop products on most beauty bloggers based in the US and I would definitely love to have one! :) I still don't know how to get my hands on these tho bec I'm based in the PH.

    xx jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janelle! Me too, that's how I learned about Colourpop! On my next post, I think I can include the shops where I buy my awesome lippies from Colourpop. :)

      Delete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.