STRUT: Blending Green

Monday, August 15, 2016 Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines


Pencil skirts used to be associated as business attire that only go with pumps and stilettos. But now? I can wear 'em with plimsolls! I just love how our generation transformed knee-length pencil skirts into casual wear. 



Stating the obvious - pencil skirts are still being used as business attire, so set your mind on what particular look you're aiming for. In this OOTD, I was aiming for an edgy vibe but still classy at the same time. Although I put on a collared top, which made it a bit sophisticated, my white sneakers turned the outfit around and made it laid back. 


Top
Black collared button down from Jukaykay (ig: @jukaykay)

Bottom
Sea green knee-length pencil skirt from H&M  (ig: @hm)

Shoes
White plimsolls with zip detail from Stradivarius (ig: @stradivarius)

Accessories
Sunnies "Heather" from +Sunnies Studios (ig:@sunniesstudios)
Gold heart necklace from Luxessories (ig: @luxessories_)
Gold watch from Casio 


If you're wondering what plimsolls are, they're basically sneakers with thick flat rubber soles. Styles of plimsolls can be seen in famous brands like Vans and Converse.  




Location: Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
Photographer: Josamm Felices (ig: @josammfelices & @byjosamm)
Hair and Makeup: Me 



How about you, what are your thoughts on pencil skirts and plimsolls? 
Comment them below.


Just keep swimming,
Melissa

32 comments

  1. cute outfit ! these sunglasses look great on you

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true what you said, pencil skirts can now be worn with almost anything! They are quite a versatile piece and the way you wore it is amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ella! I enjoyed experimenting on this outfit! ♥

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful combination! Love your skirt so much! :) Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Airish! I love it too, LOL. :)))

      Delete
  4. I love how you made the pencil skirt more wearable! And styling it with the sneakers was a nice touch!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tamara! I'm glad I was able to pull it off! :)

      Delete
  5. I lov show you paired something as feminine as pencil skirt with a sporty pair of sneakers. The whole look turned out effortlessly chic.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look, Melissa! Since I'm not a fan of heels and wedges, I like how we made those classic white sneakers work with skirts (and with almost anything nowadays!!!) :D

    xx, Da | The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they're comfy, too! :)) Thank you, Da. ♥

      Delete
  7. love the midi dress with the black shirt! nice combo! ♥

    The White Print Blog
    CGrabowska's Instagram
    SNAPCHAT: CGRABOWSKALIVE

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skirt´s amazing! I love it in the combination with those shoes! :)

    Mare di Fragole

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colour combination you are wearing here is extremely stylish and you look so cool and beautiful in the complete look!
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. Do you want to follow each other?
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rena! :) Sure, I would love that! I already followed you in Bloglovin'! ♥

      Delete
  10. I love pencil skirts and I'm so happy people are wearing them out of the office. I secretly hoarded these cute pencil skirts in pastel colors when I thrift shopped a few years back and I can now put them on display. Haha! Yaaas. :)

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful and comfy look! I love your skirt <3
    The Fancy Cats

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful styling, you look so cute!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit post Mel!!!!♥ I do agree that you can wear pencil skirts almost with anything. It goes well with casual or corporate wears.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much, Karolina! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.